First burial 4th February 1905, C.C, plot C1 304
Number of burials to 10th July 2009 19,532
For information about the cemetery buildings, click this link
For information about individual graves and memorials, click this link.
Front view of the chapel at South Stoneham cemetery
History of South Stoneham Cemetery
South Stoneham Cemetery was originally South Stoneham parish council burial ground, and was opened during 1905 with the first burial taking place on 4 February.
The remainder of the cemetery was opened in 1927 by Southampton County Borough Council with the first burial taking place on 7 September that year.
The South Stoneham Crematorium was located north of the cemetery but demolished during 1973 to make way for the M27. The South Stoneham garden of remembrance is now located at the north end of the cemetery.